In the early morning hours of August 7, 1959 a fire, across from what is now our winery, ignited a truck carrying a two ton loan of dynamite and ammonium nitrate. The subsequent Blast leveled eight city blocks leaving a crater fifty-two feet in diameter and twelve feet deep. The face of Roseburg changed forever in an instant. The explosion eventually became commonly known as "The Blast". Countless stories have been recorded of heroic acts performed at the time of the Blast. This wine is dedicated to the first responders who put their lives in harm's way every day to protect our way of life.